The following steps were taken to produced the table titled Harris County (Estimated) Voter Registration Population.
- A query of the Harris County Voter Roll was conducted to determine the number of registered voters in each Commissioner Precinct.
- Two surname queries for Spanish-surnamed registered voters were performed on the Harris County Voter Roll using different lists to estimate the number of Latino registered voters. The number of Spanish-surnamed registered voters produced by each list varied. The percent of Latino registered voters that appears on the table for each Commissioner Precinct is the mean.
- One surname query for Asian-surnamed registered voters was performed on the Harris County Voter Roll using only one list.
- The Totals for Spanish-surnames and Asian-surnames were summed and then subtracted from the overall total of registered voters which produced a number for non-Spanish, non Asian surnamed registered voters.
- The number of White and Black registered voters were estimated by calculating the ratio of voting age population (VAP) for non-Hispanic Whites and non-Hispanic Blacks in each Commissioner Precinct (according to Census information used for redistricting) and multiplying it by the number of non Spanish and Asian surnamed registered voters.